Cazarin Interactive integrates SpamExperts solutions for all of our email service customers. More detail is available on “No Spam” Service page.
The SPAM Filter requires “training” in order to know what you consider spam. So sometimes you have will get a message that the server things is valid but you consider it to be spam. If this happens and you are using Outlook or Apple Mail, you can report these messages back to the server for training.
There are four methods to report a spam message:
- Add-On clients for Microsoft Outlook and Apple’s OSX Mail (below).
- Report through NoSPAM Filter (see NoSPAM Filter Service).
- If your email client supports “forwarding as an attachment” (below).
Report Spam as Attachment
It is possible to report spam by forwarding the spammy message as an attachment to a special address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many email clients allow forwarding as attachment easily. However, via our webmail you have to kind of trick the system.
Steps to Send via Webmail
- Sign into your webmail account.
- From the Inbox (listing view) use <Control> + <click> to select the message to be reported; then do the same thing on a second message (you must select two messages for the attachment function to work properly).
- Select Forward from the Reply dropdown in the inbox header.
- Set the TO: field email@example.com.
- Delete the “extra” message by clicking the “X”.
- Send this email.
All messages attached in .eml or .msg format will be processed by the spam filter and trains the system for similar messages in the future.
While it is also possible to report non-spam via the same method, its pretty rare; but send the attached message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SpamExperts provides email client add-ons to report Spam which was not correctly blocked to our central systems.
Outlook version 2007 must use 32 bit add-on; versions 2010, 2013, and 2016 may use either 32 or 64 depending on your installation.
- Download the relevant .MSI file according to your Office version.
- First, open any MS Office program (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc)
- Go to the File menu, and select Help.
- On the right side, you’ll see your version information as well as other information regarding the Office suite.
- Run the downloaded file. You may need to run the installation with administrator priveledges. (Right click on the downloaded icon and choose ‘Run as Administrator’.)
- When you have reached Setup Wizard, click ‘Next’ on the first page.
- Choose the default settings and select Install.
If you would like this add-on to be available for your user account only, choose ‘Just for me’, otherwise click ‘For Everyone’ and then click next.
- Click ‘Next’ on the following screen to proceed to confirm the installation.
Once installed restart Microsoft Outlook, and the add-on will be visible in the ‘Add-Ins’ tab.
How to Report Spam
- From the inbox, select the message to be reported and then click the ‘Report Spam’ button (above).
- The message will be reported to the Spam Filter and moved to the ‘Trash’ folder.
Apple OSX Mail
To report spam please use the following tool for Apple OSX only.
Please make sure your Mail.app is closed before installing the application.
- Download the file to your system.
- Double click on the SpamReporterV3.1.dmg to mount the disk.
- Start the installation by double clicking on the .app file.
Once the installer has finished, start up your mail client (Mail.app) once again.
How to Report Spam
- Select the message(s) you wish to submit (the message is now highlighted).
- Click on the Mail menu at the top left of the screen.
- Select Services from the list and choose SpamReporter_v3.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions for completion of submission.
Your message has now been submitted to our systems.
More details are available on our “No Spam” Service page.