How to combat this modern mobile office dilemma?
Company Portals and Intranets.
Intranets have been around for years, but have recently become much more advanced, customizable, and affordable. You no longer need to dread logging in to some monochromatic bulletin board of boredom, provided you can even remember your password.
Today’s intranet systems can handle group chats, individual messaging, file sharing, large numbers of employees, and fun components like staff photos, company event calendars, polls, and forums.
Many distribution companies or those with sales agents use Intranets for their reps to be able to log in, find documents and information, and get what they need easily—no matter where they are. Member-based organizations can use intranets in similar ways.
Take Cazarin for example. Our former intranet had fallen out of use, so we created and implemented our own upgraded Intranet system, and we highly recommend this product for other small businesses.
- Staff can collaborate on Forums and Discussions, which are updated with comments in real time instead of keeping track of emails
- HR forms, such a Vacation requests and Payroll submission, can be done online
- Branding assets, such as logos, branded documents, and brand guidelines can be accessed from anywhere, with the knowledge that you’re using the newest version.
- The Projects capability allows a project leader to determine tasks to be done, assign them to people, and watch the progress of an endeavor.
- Polls and voting allow us to easily manage our internal contests. Yes, we do internal contests.
- An admin can grant different access levels to different people, and can place people in private groups according to department.
For all these reasons, we’ve created bWell Software.
Check it out here: www.bwell.software
Designed by our in-house designers, and built off the dual meanings of the word “well”—bWell is both a place to “come to the well” to catch up and discuss, and also has the goal of keeping our company and our people well.
bWell is extremely customizable for the company that uses it. We help identify what will help a company Be Well, based on your industry, your size, and the way you would use the system. Then we build the intranet around your needs. For us, we included Group Chats, Polls, and Forums for quick discussions on topics, and use the File Manager and HR forms regularly. Starting at $95/month, plus a one-time set-up fee, there are several affordable options.
Want to try a demo?
Request a Demo of bWell to see how this intranet solution would fit your company’s needs. Or Contact Cazarin Interactive for more information on this and our other digital marketing solutions.